Miami Nature School is a nature-based and place-based program where students will spend roughly four hours a day outdoors. They will use the natural environment to: realize their intercurricular projects; engage in sports, visual and performing arts; participate freely in unstructured play without adult intervention; and develop an ecological place meaning. We are a response to the community formed by Miami Nature Playschool.
Our families are in need of an alternative educational model and this is why we got affiliated to Acton Academy School Network. .
School, As We Know It, Was Designed In 1893.
Our school was born different. Acton Academy is one of the newest and most innovative school designs in the world. Each Acton school was founded by parents who believe there is a better way to educate their children and help other like-minded families in their community.
We believe each of our students will find a passion – something they love and have a gift to do – finding and pursuing this gift we call the Hero’s Journey. Our mission is to equip our students with the skills and tools they will need to find and pursue their life’s purpose.
Your child will master a foundation of reading, writing, math and civilization.
Students learn through a variety of methods:
• Socratic discussions to strengthen critical thinking
• Adaptive, game based educational technology
• Self paced mastery for core skills (Math, Reading and Writing)
Hands-on Quests for Science, Entrepreneurship and the Arts, prepare children for Apprenticeships and real world challenges.
Children will participate in:
• End of session exhibitions
• Business fairs
• Science experiments
• Entrepreneurship endeavors
• Art programs
• Outdoor activities
Character development begins with:
• Self discovery (through the Hero’s journey)
• Team collaboration and problem resolution
• Relational covenants and real world consequences
• Personal accountability
• Making difficult decisions resulting in virtuous habits